A Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) is responsible for overseeing the planning, development and execution of an organization's marketing and advertising initiatives. Reporting directly to the CEO, the CMO's primary responsibility is to generate revenue by increasing sales through successful marketing for the entire organization, using market research, pricing, product marketing, marketing communications, advertising and public relations.
The CMO role is expanded to include sales management, new business development, product development, distribution channel management and customer service. The CMO ensures the organization's message is distributed across channels and to targeted audiences in order to meet sales objectives. This means seeking out new ways to deliver messaging, such as mobile platforms, video and social media.
As a senior-level marketing professional, a Chief Marketing Officer must be both analytical and creative, and possess extensive knowledge in a variety of disciplines such as production, information technology, legal and finance. A CMO must plan, direct and coordinate marketing budgets in accordance to organizational goals.
All of these require:
- Superb analytical skills;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team;
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills;
- Passionate customer advocacy;
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product and service management;
- Deep understanding of changing market dynamics;
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Facilitate growth, sales, and marketing strategies;
- Increase revenue generation;
- Reduce costs;
- Perform risk mitigation;
- Prepare overall marketing strategy;
- Develop programs with quantifiable objectives to measure results;
- Implement and manage marketing budget;
- Leverage data and analytics to drive insights;
- Modify or redirect business intelligence strategy;
- Oversee and direct the efforts of the marketing team;
- Develop segmentation, competitive analysis/market intelligence, prospecting, lead generation, product and market development, pricing, promotions, communications and budgets, sales force effectiveness, strategic planning, services units and revenue retention and growth;
- Oversee the development of new products;
- Create product roadmap;
- Develop and measure key metrics around the business including user acquisition, conversion rates, engagement rates, satisfaction and renewal rates.
DONUTERIE is a company with an entirely private Romanian capital, that aims to bring added value to the European business market through authenticity and optimism.
Our first donut shop was opened in Târgu Mureș in 2014 and by the end of 2017 our goal is to have a chain of over 25 donut shops, in cities across Romania and Europe.
Our journey has just begun. We would be happy to have you by our side.